Sunday 29 September 2013

Another Fallout 3 Mod Complete!



A few weeks ago I started a new Fallout mod following the success of my first one, and today I finished it and it's now uploaded at the Fallout 3 Nexus Site. This mod was heavily inspired by Breaking Bad and involves a quest in which the player infiltrates and takes over a drug lab.

This mod is a lot more complex than my first one, which essentially just added a lot of detail to a pre-existing game area. This mod not only involved the creation of a new game area, but also involved creating a quest, which itself meant a LOT of complicated scripting, which I was totally new at, so it was quite the learning curve. My self-imposed deadline was the 29th of September; the date of the airing of the final episode of Breaking Bad in America. I actually uploaded the mod at 11.57pm on the 29th of September. Very, VERY narrowly making the deadline. So I'm pretty happy about that, even though some last-minute issues made it a very stressful experience. This project called upon a wide range of my skills, even including Photoshop, which I used to create the promo picture that can be seen at the top of this post.

Here's a few pictures of the game zone that I created!





No comments:

Post a Comment