I've made a bit of progress on my Captain's Cabin for the Allegorithmic Throne Room challenge this week. I've finally imported it into UDK and began to construct the scene. This means that I can soon start to make props for the scene, including the throne itself - the most important part of the scene.
There are a few things that need sorting - like seams in the textures and the lighting - but here's some progress pics.
Time for another diner update! I've finally imported all the modular pieces into UDK and built the shell of the diner. This means that pretty soon, I can move into making 3D models to go into the scene. The whole thing is actually starting to look quite nice! I'm feeling pretty good about it. Here's how its looking at the moment; there's a few lighting errors that need sorting, but its getting there.
I've been busy working on my games design Honours project lately and its starting to take shape. I've finally started to make interior props including the booth seats and tables. Here's a few pictures of how it's looking now.
Soon I'll be able to move all the assets into UDK and start to build the actual scene. Then I've got a car and a load of props to make, and loads of texturing to do!