Sunday, 29 March 2015

My Throne Room is Finished!

My entry to the Polycount/Allegorithmic Throne Room challenge is finished!

This has been my very first 3D art challenge and its been a good experience overall. I did a pirate-themed throne room, complete with treasure, cannons and other pirate-y things. I decided to take a low-poly approach - every model is less than 1500 tris, with only the throne and the cannon being more than 1000. Also, all the textures are hand painted.

This is my first finished scene using UE4, and its definitely helped me to get to grips with the software - which is good news, because I will be using it for my Honours project. This has also been one of my first experiences with PBR texturing, with many of my models having roughness and metallic maps.

I'm quite proud of how its turned out - especially considering I've been doing it along with Uni work. Here's some pictures of the finished environment.

A closer look at the throne...

I hope to enter more 3D art challenges in the future. For now, I feel much more prepared for my Honours project - which I will now focus a lot more time on, so stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment