1920's Speakeasy Environment - Dev Diary Part 3
Day Three of my latest environment art project and things are continuing to go well. Having blocked-out and planned the scene on day 1 and day 2, today I started the real work of making the architecture of the room itself - specifically, the walls.
I spent about 8 hours modelling a big, chunky, modular brick wall and baking a normal map in Maya, and I also started to texture the wall too. By the end of the day I've finished the model and got a (placeholder) diffuse, normal, specular and roughness map applied to the model in UE4. It's not finished yet but its a good start!
Here's some pictures:
Next step: finish off the wall and start work on the arches, floor and other architecture.