Friday 19 July 2013

Gravedigger's Spade - 3D Modelling

Today I finally found the motivation to get some 3D modelling done and made some progress on my "Gravedigger" scene that I've been working on (for far too long!) I've finished the third of the objects for the scene now (the other two being the gravestone and the coffin from several posts ago) and I'm happy to say that the break that I took from 3D modelling didn't mess things up as much as I had expected. The model itself was a bit of an awkward one because of the shape of the spade head, but the real challenge came when I had to UV map it which was somehow much harder than I thought. The texture is quite a simple one but it didn't need to be particularly fancy (it's only a spade after all...)

Anyway here's some pictures of the textured model in Maya






And the final result in UDK


No comments:

Post a Comment