Monday 22 April 2013

Samurai - Uni Work

I'm now approaching the end of my first year as a Games Design student at UCLan and have been set a final group project for each of the two modules. For one of these projects, my group and I have been designing a game based around Japanese Samurais in the style of the company Team Ico (producers of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus).

This of course means that we've all been drawing a hell of a lot of Samurais over the last couple of weeks. This has given me an opportunity to develop my drawings skills and move out of my comfort zone; I have been drawing full-body characters and movements/action poses.

I have also recently found a half-full sketchbook from last year, before I even started Uni! Looking back over the pictures in this sketchbook has opened my eyes to just how much I have developed in less than a year. I plan on making a more indepth post about this later on.

Meanwhile, here are a few of the pictures that I've produced during the current Samurai project.





I've still got quite a way to go, but I'm quite happy with how I'm progressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment